Financial Controller at ProjectManager.com
ProjectManager.com is a successful online software-as-a-service in the Project Management industry, with thousands of paying customers and clients like NASA and the United Nations using our platform to manage projects. We are seeking a “Finance Controller” to further fuel our company growth.
Are you an experienced Finance Controller who enjoys both strategy as well as getting your hands dirty with the work itself? If you know what it takes to build out an accounting function for a fast-paced SaaS Company and boost revenue at the same time, then we would like to meet you.
You will come with a proven track record of growing successful online businesses through meeting challenging goals for financial reporting and revenue growth. You will also have serious expertise in accounting, data analysis, management reporting and financial leadership.
As we are a small company, this is very much a hands-on role. It reports directly to the CEO and you will have influence across the entire business. Our company culture is one where your opinions, ideas and thought leadership will be highly valued.
Accounting & Reporting Function
- Financial Accounting: Creating a clean internal set of financial accounts across our multiple legal entities, providing a consolidated view of the business for the CEO, Board and investors.
- Management Accounting: Creating a new internal set of Management Accounts that our leadership team can use to actively manage the business.
- Tax Accounting: Managing our external Accounting service providers to ensure that our quarterly and annual tax submissions take place accurately and on time.
- Internal SaaS Reporting: Take over the creation of a management dashboard showing all of the usual SaaS metrics, needed to drive the business.
- Forecasting: Creating 12 month budgets and financial forecasts.
- Other Reporting: Manage all other accounting functions for our business, including for instance; cash-flow management, payroll, inter-company transfer pricing, banking and book keeping. We have a small book-keeping team already in place.
- Board & Investor Reporting: Enhance our board monthly reporting as well as investor quarterly reporting. Assist with shareholder updates and manage NZ & US legislative compliance.
- Work with our leadership team to constantly seek new opportunities for revenue generation, based on analysis of our business analytics.
- Identify areas across the business where we can optimize our spend (e.g. paid advertising).
- In time, prepare our books for independent audit.
- 5+ year’s experience in Finance and Accounting
- CPA or other advanced degree in Accounting
- MBA preferred
- Previous experience working in a small to medium sized SaaS company
- Highly intelligent, a quick learner, self-motivated and managing
- Data driven and analytical, with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong mathematical, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, superior attention to detail
- Committed, loyal, trust-worthy and a great team player
- Honest and upfront at all times
- Amazing full benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO policy including paid sick days
- 401k with company match
- Work/ life balance
- Open atmosphere: our product continues to grow because we hire amazing people with great ideas