Workrise is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Core Operations team at Workris is hiring an Financial Operations Analyst who will be responsible for supporting a team that connects the dots between a high volume transaction operations team and accounting to ensure high revenue quality and protect margins.
This role leads and manages strategic initiatives at the company and organization levels with a focus on revenue optimization, dispute management and process improvements of Workrise’s transaction operations within Core Operations. Working cross-functionally with stakeholders, you will be directly responsible for the integration and success of our acquisitions both from a financial system perspective but also an acquired talent one. Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is financially well-rounded: analytical and big time problem solver, strategically minded yet gets into the weeds, with a killer attention to detail while still able to create the big picture.What you’ll be doing:
- Enable Workrise to reduce our Cash Collection Cycle by improving the order-to-cash processes within the invoicing and payables shared services.
- Enable Workrise to close the books by business day #2.
- Serve as the primary order-to-cash process analyst for a specific segment to ensure quality financial information is provided to accounting (revenues and COGS).
- Coordinate all month-end close processes between payroll, A/P, and invoicing teams.
- Perform monthly close revenue validation, invoice/credit memo GL reconciliation, COGS validation, and recommend revenue accruals to accounting.
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations.
- Document all order-to-cash processes, identify and diagnose process bottlenecks, and make improvement recommendations to the key stakeholders.
- Perform invoice dispute analysis to help the invoicing and business operations teams ensure we get paid correctly the first time, every time.
- Support financial systems integration and training.
- Partner with cross-functional teams: Sales, Product, Client Onboarding, Worker Onboarding
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4+ years of work experience in fast-paced, data intensive environments
- Strong spreadsheet analysis experience (DAX, PowerPivot, Tableau, PowerBI)
- GAAP familiarity, particularly around revenue & expense recognition; comfortable with GL vs. cash reconciliation.
- Accounting and financial systems experience
- Strong communication skills; able to drive change across competing stakeholders
- Integration experience
- NetSuite, Paylocity, Excel, and Google Apps experience
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.