Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
As Homeward continues to grow, the importance of our internal financial modelling becomes greater than ever. The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of FP&A in the maintenance and upkeep of internal financial models. In addition to being heavily involved in the technical aspects of FP&A this role will be charged with the upkeep of monthly internal reporting as well as project management for various FP&A reporting initiatives. The right candidate will drive business insights, bring a quantitative, data-driven mindset, and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Maintain and enhance technical side of our financial model and forecasts to help guide Homeward’s long term financial strength by providing support on forecasting initiatives involving growth, hiring, spending and ad hoc projects
- Support in preparing the month-end financial close package for review by Senior Leadership and Board of Directors as well as making edits and process changes to get better and better each month
- Support in automating monthly reports to cut down on the cycle time for report sharing
- Support in bridging the actuals in the financial model every month and catching dysfunction . misalignment from the actual to the plan
- Maintain Variance Analysis framework and create “Variance Walks” to provide context to monthly, quarterly and annual variances
- Identify and track key Operating Expense drivers to provide visibility with high data integrity and repeatability
- Support the broader FP&A organization as a utility player with the ability to take-on ad hoc projects
- Ideally has experience with Netsuite, Anaplan and other critical planning tools
What you’ll bring
- 3-5 years of Financial Analysis/FP&A experience in a high growth/fast paced company
- Experience with building financial models and expert level knowledge of Excel required
- Prior experience with an FP&A reporting tool (Anaplan, PowerBi, Adaptive Planning etc.)
- Understanding of forecasting financial statements
- Must be detail-oriented, curious, and keen to dig into numbers and variances to propose recommendations and drive improved results
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Ability to execute through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain cross functional relationships
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.