As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Financial Systems Architect to be the primary administrator of our NetSuite environment as well as the peripheral systems that support our accounting and finance teams. The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting, and is comfortable understanding accounting requirements and converting those into system configuration requirements. We need a motivated expert who has experience in a cloud-centric environment that is willing to serve as the technical point of contact for system design, configuration, report writing, troubleshooting and support.
Why Join us? Our Information Technology team at Workrise resides inside of the Engineering group and reports to our CTO. We are working on creating a fast-scaling, people-centric, and results driven team, and the Business Applications team will help us bring the customer-facing systems into our realm. We want to automate and integrate all the things, and if that is your mentality, this is the place for you.What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and act as technical SME for Finance & Accounting systems including NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, Expensify, FloQast, and others
- Participate in Accounting & Finance initiatives by assisting with business requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development, communication and business process configuration
- Maintain an understanding of financial and accounting concepts, and apply them to financial systems to implement best practices or process improvements
- Provide day to day support for the financial systems, create and resolve support cases as needed
- Stay current with technology solutions and tools to generate strategic and operational efficiencies while maintaining sound internal controls
- Work with vendors to ensure that we are taking full advantage of the systems that the team supports, and ensure their prompt resolution to support issues
- Create and document projects, tasks, wiki, and kb articles
- Proactively monitor the systems’ health and integrity
- Collaborate with the rest of the Business Applications Team while it is being built out
- Work with the Business Applications Manager to deliver on the team’s roadmap
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders and teams to deliver on their requirements and expectations
- Develop skills and work in other business applications systems
- Adhere to, monitor and implement IT policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality and securing operational data
- 5+ years working in finance or accounting (or related) roles
- NetSuite Administrator and/or ERP Consulting Certification highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems (or demonstrated equivalent experience)
- Strong Financial Acumen, you understand how operational and financial decisions impact the financial statements
- Experience with SaaS/ERP design, development, testing and deployment.
- Experience leading a technical team in larger projects and the drive to find solutions to achieve business objectives
- Desire to "automate all the things"!
- You are a “doer” and comfortable working in an iterative environment
- You're organized, can communicate well, and love working with multiple SaaS and in-house built systems
- You can assess and prioritize projects well, you like to "wear many hats,” and you like to have your hands in everything IT
- You've maximized systems performance by monitoring performance; solved system problems and outages; scheduled upgrades; collaborated with the team on optimization
- You update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- You've studied and used Information Systems security principles
- You've used Help Desk and Project Tracking Systems to assign, delegate, and/or resolve tasks and projects
- You are familiar with the Atlassian suite (Jira and Confluence)
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!