Fixed Asset Accountant - Austin
Working in Accounting at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means working on a small, highly productive, and efficient team in the front line of HRT's vendor facing interactions.
We are looking for an experienced fixed asset accountant who is eager to be a part of our newly established accounting team in Austin. An ideal candidate should apply his/her knowledge in accounting to come up with innovative ways to improve our processes, efficiency, and workflow.
- Record new assets in fixed asset sub-ledger system including coding, verify, reconcile, record and adjust assets.
- Record disposals, transfers and running depreciation in the sub-ledger system.
- Generate all journal entries related to fixed assets activity as needed in general ledger.
- Maintain reconciliation of fixed asset sub-ledger system to general ledger and record and track any variances.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Prepare all period end and quarter end fixed asset reporting for management and financial reporting.
- Review amounts capitalized or expensed as repairs and maintenance or fixed assets adhering to company capitalization policy.
- Make changes and updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assist with budget, budget reconciliation and forecasting functions as they relate to capital expenditures.
- Assist the IT department in creating purchase orders based on the departments signed quotes and statement of work with each vendor.
- Report and track lines of credit with vendors used to purchase fixed assets
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Assist Accounts Payable to ensure fixed asset invoices are recorded properly and timely.
- Review and approve fixed asset invoices for payment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3-5 years fixed asset accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Motivated and detail oriented with strong organization and analytical skills.
- Must exercise independent judgment, work on multiple initiatives, and manage time effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Worked with accounting software preferably Sage ERP and ACCPAC.
- Familiar with fixed asset software and applications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to assist with special projects as needed.
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.