Fixed Asset Fund Accountant - Austin
Working in Accounting at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means working on a small, highly productive, and efficient team in the front line of HRT's vendor facing interactions. Hudson River Trading's Accounting team is expanding to Texas. We are looking for an experienced fixed asset accountant who is eager to apply their accounting background and excited to work hard and learn about technology and finance in our industry. Attention to detail and curiosity are crucial in this role.
Besides working on a close-knit accounting team with a technology edge, you'll be working at a company that prides itself on having created a work environment that comfortably blends the laid back feeling of a dot-com, the imagination of a startup, the excitement of a trading floor and the intellectual stimulation of a think tank. This unique culture is specifically designed to foster creativity and cooperation. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape exists to impede the generation or implementation of ideas. One of our greatest values is work-life balance, so we offer our employees a wide range of benefits. These include competitive compensation, 100% covered medical and dental coverage, and catered lunches, just to name a few.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recording new assets in fixed asset sub-ledger system including coding, verifying, reconciling, recording and adjusting assets
- Recording disposals, transfers and running depreciation in the sub-ledger system
- Generate all journal entries related to fixed assets activity as needed in general ledger
- Maintain reconciliation of fixed asset sub-ledger system to general ledger and record and track any variances
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of
- Prepare all period end and quarter end fixed asset reporting for management and financial reporting
- Review amounts capitalized or expensed as repairs and maintenance or fixed assets adhering to company capitalization policy
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assist with budget, budget reconciliation and forecasting functions as they relate to capital expenditures
- Assist the IT department in creating purchase orders based on the departments signed quotes and statement of work with each vendor.
- Report and track lines of credit with vendors used to purchase fixed assets
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Assist Accounts Payable to ensure Fixed Asset invoices are recorded properly and timely
- Review and Approve fixed asset invoices for payment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years fixed asset accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and detail oriented with strong organization and analytical skills
- Must exercise independent judgment, work on multiple initiatives, and manage time effectively
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Worked with accounting software preferably Sage ERP and ACCPAC
- Familiar with Fixed Asset software and applications
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Willingness to assist with special projects as needed