Compeat’s continued growth leads us to seek a senior finance professional to join our Austin, Texas headquarters team in the role of Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (FP&A Manager). This position will report directly to our CFO and is responsible for providing broad analytical and financial support across all areas of the business. The FP&A Manager will play a key role in the company’s financial planning function as well as driving operational efficiency through reporting and analysis. The role will partner with leadership and senior managers to monitor key performance metrics, analyze the company’s financial results, and identify business trends; as well as participating in special projects and presentations to senior management.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 10+ years experience as an analyst/senior analyst for a high-growth SaaS company or business analyst at a strategic consulting firm (SaaS company preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Understanding of SaaS business drivers such as churn, CAC, LTV, etc.
- A proven ability to execute with consistent and accurate delivery and reprioritize based on evolving business needs
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, or other tools, including the ability to build and to navigate efficiently across robust models and data sets
- Able to create, execute, and interpret results of basic financial concepts such as break-even analysis, ROI calculations, and scenario analysis
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques including regression analysis, variable selection, and scenario analysis
- Able to balance interest in detail of analysis with big-picture thinking
- Independent, self-motivated and adaptable with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with any major planning and budgeting systems and ERP platforms (particularly Netsuite) is a must
- A strong ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
- A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
- Provide leadership and support to direct and indirect teams
- A shared appreciation for our core values of Appreciation, Passion, People, Empathy and Integrity.
- Review the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements and conduct analysis with focus on operational performance trends.
- Apply GAAP accounting practices to structure financial models and business valuations. Manages and develops standard monthly forecasting, variance analyses and financial reporting for management review.
- Complete the timely and accurate analysis of monthly financial forecasts and projections, as well as annual strategic and financial plans. Analyze variances to target for key performance metrics that determine root causes and develop actionable information for senior leadership team.
- Discover key business drivers and translate the findings in terms of their financial impact to the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. Ensure that company assets and financial resources are optimally deployed to maximize returns.
- Identify operational drivers that impact results, converting them into meaningful key performance indicators and making recommendations to improve results. Coordinate the development and presentation of the company’s annual financial budgets.
- Develop financial modeling and reporting systems to identify performance trends that increase and sustain profitability. Construct ad hoc reports via various systems to analyze and minimize areas of waste and controllable costs. Conducts and documents financial analyses for ad hoc projects assigned by CFO and senior management.
- Participate in special projects and prepare presentations for senior management.
- Prepare certain monthly balance sheet account reconciliations