About the job
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions, and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role:
Self is building a community of people who are looking to better their lives by building a credit history. You will join our Fraud Investigation team and be responsible for daily operational workflows supporting document reviews, fraud investigations, and customer verification. You will be challenged to use judgment to make decisions that will detect and mitigate fraud. You will be researching credit card transaction fraud claims to determine the validity of the claim and use network processing rules to determine chargeback rights. You will be empowered to tackle incoming transactional tasks daily to help our company scale.
Responsibilities may evolve within the above description as you become more senior in the role.
- Complete daily operational investigation tasks; including incoming document reviews and customer verifications.
- Monitor internal channels for prioritized workflows
- Investigate accounts to detect and mitigate losses both external and internal
- Analyze statistical data on accounts
- Understand and ensure compliance with Reg Z and all payment network chargeback rules
- Make outbound contacts to customers and merchants to further investigate claims
- Process fraud and non-fraud dispute claims through network processing rules
- 2+ years of experience in credit card investigations, fraud, payment risk, document verification, or KYC reviews (required)
- 2+ years of Visa/Mastercard dispute and fraud chargeback processing (required)
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in customer-facing interactions
- 1+ years working remotely
- High EQ and ability to build rapport with team members
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and make judgmental business decisions with minimal need for managerial support
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of common rules such as Regulation Z, Visa & Mastercard chargeback rules
- Enjoys tackling repetitive tasks and offering ideas for process improvement
- Ability to work both independently and on a small team with minimal supervision
- Brings high energy and interest to customer inquiries and remains calm under pressure
- Strong written, verbal, and organization skills
- Can join team culture and build rapport remotely
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.