Global Reporting Manager
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Are you a hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and provide advanced accounting expertise in support of a company’s revenue drivers and initiatives?
HomeAway has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Global Reporting Manager in its Austin, Texas headquarters. HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be an integral leader within the Finance organization, reporting to the Director of Americas Accounting and Global Reporting in Austin. The manager will work closely with business leaders, Expedia, External Auditors and Finance to support ongoing required financial reporting and supporting tax accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Position will assist in supporting the reporting of Monthly and Quarterly reporting deliverables to Expedia, auditors and internal business partners. Support quarter end and year-end SEC schedules as requested by Expedia. Manage corporate accountant on HomeAway consolidations and monthly financial reporting into Expedia Financials. Partner with Central FP&A on reporting discrepancies and process improvements.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team, Expedia leadership, and Auditors.
- Manage corporate accountant on the coordination of annual substantive audit and review activities of external auditors. Craft, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency. Assist Expedia Treasury teams on process improvements and schedules for hedging program. Participate in other projects as required.
- Manage inter-company accountants including preparations of calculations and journal entries for both routine and complex inter-company transactions for a global business as part of the month-end close process. Manage inter-company account reconciliations and analyze and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage and assist corporate accountant on the process development of global Stay Tax reconciliations. Engage from IT, Business leaders, and Tax departments to streamline and buildout automated and scalable Stay Tax processes as compliance grows.
- The position will need to keep current of on-going developments in SEC regulations and FASB codifications for application in the quarterly and annual reporting requirements and preparation of white-papers. Support investor relations on press releases / other matters, implementation of new accounting standards and assessment of technical accounting matters.
- Success depends on demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated individual with desire to drive process improvement while maintaining attention to detail. Must have a strong customer service mindset with excellent initiative with necessary planning and time management to complete with multiple deadlines. The role requires analytical leadership and technical accounting experience gained over the last 5+ years of career and will enable to provide regular, timely and accurate information with leadership, driving pivotal decision-making and progress. Demonstrated the ability to work successfully and rapidly in a cross functional and international environment, leveraging your persuasive and collaborative approach to drive projects to successful resolution.
Who You Are:
- Background in accounting with a BS in accounting or MBA, with 5-8 years of experience in accounting.
- General Accounting experience is acceptable as well as existing HomeAway/Expedia experience but a mix of both is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a reporting role is highly desired.
- You are a strong communicator, self-starter, comfortable with all levels of management, excellent theoretical accounting knowledge and big picture thinker.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.