Head of FP&A at A Cloud Guru
STRATEGIC | HUMBLE | DILIGENT
This position will report directly into the VP of Finance and is responsible for the management of all budgeting, forecasting and financial planning activities, providing leadership and mentoring to the FP&A team, and promoting financial accountability throughout the organization. You will establish and drive the company’s financial planning and analysis function with an emphasis on performance improvement, providing quality management information, and furthering the development of scalable reporting systems and processes.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. Even though we may look big on the outside, we're still a quirky, tight-knit crew behind the scenes. Open, down-to-earth, and fun, we work hard and crack each other up while doing so.
A Cloud Guru takes culture seriously. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.What makes the Finance, Management, & Legal team awesome...
You’d never know we were accountants and lawyers, because we are metal-heads, bar owners, and sports fanatics first. What holds us together is our love for learning and a fun culture. We’re a scrappy team that’s all in this together. Here you're not siloed into one function. You get to see the bigger picture, and you get to know the context behind the numbers. You'll need to be a self starter, because we're growing and scaling our practices, but we promise it's worth it.
This is definitely a work hard, play hard team. Our department works very hard and sometimes we put in long hours, but we take care of each other. If you're overwhelmed and need help, there's always someone willing to support you. - Grayce, Homemade Dog Treats Guru (and Assistant Controller)As a Head of FP&A at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization to help optimize their respective functions.
- Partner with the VP of Finance, executive team, and business leaders to oversee the company’s annual budgeting processes, rolling forecasts, and long-term plan
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development of direct and indirect reports
- Continually improve processes and ensure consistencies, drive change as necessary, and elevate the level of reporting for the overall company, subsidiaries, and individual departments
- Invest in, manage, and direct the implementation of a new planning tool
We are looking for someone who can:
- Support Accounting and functional leads to continually develop & execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting and close processes
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, to executive management, department heads, and
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 10+ years of progressive financial leadership experience at a fast growing tech company
- Demonstrated previous leadership experience, including managing, building, leading, and recognizing high performing teams with diverse levels of expertise, and creating buy-in for company initiatives
- Superb analytical/quantitative skills and strong executive presence
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and department heads as a trusted and objective advisor
- Exceptional systems skills, business intelligence reporting, dashboards, modeling, KPI development
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.