RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Accounting and Finance team at RigUp ensures accurate financial reporting and monitors and manages RigUp’s capital. On this team, you can find Strategic Finance, FP&A, Financial Reporting and Credit working together to help RigUp grow.
RigUp is hiring an Indirect Tax Senior, the position will primarily be responsible for sales and use taxes. The candidate should possess strong technical knowledge of sales and use taxes. The candidate should also have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, especially operations and product as we develop our sales and use tax model in our platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Work across multiple functions including Operations, Product and Accounting to design and develop processes around indirect taxes
- Perform sales/use tax accounts review and reconciliation, working closely with Operations and Accounting teams
- Manage sales/use tax audits and protests
- Research and analyze sales/use tax issues, including assessing impact of new legislations and incorporating tax law changes into technology
- Assist with tax system implementations and automations to drive efficiency
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and resolve sales/use tax issues
- Manage external service providers on sales/use tax compliance to ensure timely accurate reporting and remittance
What you should have:
- 5+ years of state and local tax experience with a focus in sales/use taxes
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting or related field
- Technical proficiency in sales/use taxes
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience interacting effectively with external service providers
- Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation – Sales Tax (CMI) preferred
- Experience applying sales and use tax rules and regulations to the oil and gas and energy industries
- Proficiency in using multiple research tools and techniques and able to clearly communicate the legal analysis and findings with appropriate legal citation
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description