Lead, AWS FinOps Analyst at Under Armour Connected Fitness
The Lead, AWS FinOps Analyst position will be tasked with driving a FinOps cultural practice across Under Armour that leads to financial accountability and a predictive cloud cost model. The Lead, AWS FinOps analyst will provide visibility to data insights for key stakeholders so that they are empowered to make business decisions and trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality. In order to optimize the Under Armour cloud footprint, this role will be responsible to drive active reservation management, savings plans, and tagging. In addition, the Lead, AWS FinOps Analyst will have strong partnerships with Engineering, Product, and Finance in order to influence business case decisions with respect to cloud costing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- AWS and CloudHealth analysis (actuals to budget / forecast, spend oversight, detection of key areas of waste and optimization, utilization rates, etc.)
- Maintain AWS Reservation Instances (RIs) and Monthly Savings Plans
- Conduct monthly cross-organizational cadence meetings w/Product, Engineering, and Finance to identify and action potential cost optimization
- Identification, implementation, and maintenance of AWS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Executive updates / briefings on AWS cost optimization status
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
- Strong understanding of technical software engineering concepts, understanding of AWS requirements for engineering capacity, ability to partner cross-organizationally and drive cost optimization discussions, attention to detail, innovative thought leader to develop cost optimization strategies
- This role requires proficient knowledge of AWS needs required to run a world class, best of breed, stable, and cost optimized Engineering organization
- In addition, this role requires proficient knowledge of AWS services / offerings in order to effectively and successfully meet the Engineering team’s AWS demands
- In addition, proficient knowledge of AWS and CloudHealth dashboards are a must
- A basic knowledge of financial and product roadmap processes are required
- Ability to partner with stakeholders in Engineering and Product on cloud best practices and costing in order to influence business case decisions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and / or combination of specialized work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical operations-based role with an emphasis towards software engineering
- Prior experience with KPI modeling as well as an understanding of cloud costing models, forecasting, etc.
- Prior experience with AWS and CloudHealth dashboards, reservation management, tagging, etc.
- 10% Domestic Travel as needed
- FinOps Certified Practitioner or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certifications preferred
BENEFITS AND PERKS (General Corporate Perks):
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise & Connected Fitness app Discounts.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.