Lead Treasury Operations Analyst at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
This role is suited for an organized and results-oriented individual who can drive tasks and projects to completion. The ability to continually improve processes and successfully execute operations is key. This individual will be responsible for a wide array of Treasury functions and interact with many groups inside and outside the organization. The scope of the work relates to project facilitation, banking operations, cash management, and forecasting.
As Bright Health continues to grow, the need for effective Treasury Operations is essential. M&A activity and high growth has led to critical project work requiring collaboration across the company and with the newly acquired entities. Efficiency and excellent communication will be required to navigate this environment. Operating in a complex and regulated healthcare industry creates ad hoc deliverables throughout the year.
The Treasury Analyst job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Assist with facilitating projects, project deliverables and follow through
- Help create Treasury processes that are consistent, repeatable, and scalable
- Identify opportunities for improvements in Treasury operations
- Assist with cash positioning and cash management
- Initiate cash transfers and investment activity
- Create cash forecasts across various legal entities
- Generate month end reporting
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Three (3) or more years of treasury or financial analysis experience (Required)
- Proficiency with project work and project leadership (Required)
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications; Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Required)
- Proficiency with banking services, operations, and online banking applications (Required)
- Experience in health care industry (Preferred)
- Excellent follow through
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
- Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Is focused on bravery needed to develop a variety skills. Not afraid to ask questions or take risks. Focuses on purposeful planning and objective setting. Focuses on the team’s successes, and how to support that effort.
- Collaboration: Is an effective collaborator that works well with the functional team and others in the organization to align on timelines and effective delivery of a project or task. Is solution oriented and works on generating input from multiple constituents and driving the team to a solution. Is able to work with different personality types and teammates to overcome differences in opinion and thought to achieve common company goals.
- Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results and the best and most efficient avenue for achieving results. Works with manager or appropriate liaison in the organization to work through goal setting and milestone development to ensure timely and high quality work product. Achieves strong results within functional area. Is focused on managing against a predetermined set of objectives, and creates and follows process. Delivers outstanding and sustained results.
- Exhibits Curiosity: Focuses on learning about the business at large. Seeks to understand how they can drive the business forward and how the bigger picture works. Actively participates in his/her own career development.
- Multi-tasking: Balances multiple projects and initiatives at any given time. Alongside manager or appropriate Bright teammate, re-evaluates priorities based on changing company needs to understand what must be done today. Able to balance multiple projects and initiatives at any given time. Capable of deciphering which priorities are most important for the function/organization. Consistently meets deadlines.
- Training and Mentoring: Helps train and mentor others: Actively participates in the onboarding and ongoing success of teammates. Onboards, trains and provides informal mentorship to new and existing teammates (interns, consultants, etc.). Provides thoughtful solutions, direction and advice to others, and help advise on priorities.
- Upward Management: While balancing multiple initiatives, successfully manages expectations with appropriate project owner about capacity, challenges and barriers to success. Is not afraid to ask for help, guidance or feedback.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.