Manager, Credit Operations at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Levelset helps thousands of contractors secure billions in construction payments each month. Clunky document requirements and complex construction payment laws slows payment to 83 days on average. This locks up capital and causes cash pain for millions of contractors, 98% of which are SMBs that don’t always have access to traditional sources of capital. Levelset wants to break this cash crunch for small contractors by integrating capital products into our platform and finding new ways to extend credit using our unique data assets, backed by expertise in lien rights to secure payment.
About the job
The Credit Operations Manager will be a key leader in designing and implementing credit policies and procedures as we launch new capital products. Your goal is to find unique ways to underwrite and extend credit using Levelset’s data. You should simplify the approval process to give contractors quick turnaround on credit decisions, and you should look for ways to empower the capital sales team to quickly qualify prospects and approve deals that meet the policy. In this role, you’ll work with the credit committee to review the credit policy, set pricing, and get approval for exceptions. You’ll also be charged with monitoring the portfolio of outstanding deals against risk and concentration limits.
- Own the credit and underwriting functions, creating the policies and procedures.
- Be the person responsible for applying the credit policy, making decisions on exceptions, and bringing deals to the investment committee for approval, as needed.
- Work with the sales team to empower them to qualify deals that meet the policy and provide quick decisions on exceptions.
- Regularly update the credit policy as we develop our risk model and present policy recommendations to the investment committee for approval.
- Work with legal to get a determination on lien rights for prospective deals.
- Underwrite and review deals and prepare a credit recommendation. Follow-up with the customer and stakeholders to get information needed to make a recommendation.
- Provide reporting on the active credit portfolio. Monitor the portfolio of deals against concentration limits and for risk factors.
- Monitor the performance to iterate the risk model, working with the data team to iterate on the risk and scoring model.
- 10+ years in a credit or lending environment
- Experience reviewing underwriting materials to make credit recommendations
- Experience in writing a credit policy and underwriting procedures
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills, with the ability to distill a complex deal down to the primary risk factors
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.