As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Manager, Financial Operations who will be responsible for leading a team that connects the dots between the Financial Operations team inside our verticals and the accounting group to ensure revenue quality and protect and grow our margins.
This role leads and supports strategic efforts at the department and organization levels with a focus on integrations, close and revenue optimization, cash collection dispute management and process improvements of Workrise’s transaction operations. Working cross-functionally with high-level stakeholders, you will be directly responsible for the integration and success of our acquisitions both from a financial system perspective but also an acquired talent one. This is a high impact role reporting directly to the Sr. Manager, Financial Operations. Success in this role involves an ability to think critically and creatively, support a fast-paced organization, plan and execute effectively.
This role involves significant interaction with the broader operations and accounting groups, legal & product teams, sales organization, etc to drive change and solve complex problems. Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is financially well-rounded: analytical yet a strong leader, strategically minded yet gets into the weeds, with a killer attention to detail while still able to create the big picture.What you’ll be doing:
- Enable Workrise to achieve key metrics; throughput, invoicing disputes and additional key metrics aligned with objectives
- Manage the financial integration and training for all new acquisitions to ensure integration optimization and key metric success
- Independently plan, lead and execute on complex finance projects collaborating across Workrise and relevant cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally for root problem identification and solutions with a systemic thinking approach, effecting change in both product solutions but also operational solutions
- Manage the documentation and diligence processes and facilitate trainings to meet the established key training goals and ROI
- Optimize the key processes where current platform gaps exist, and ensure necessary feedback loops with Product and Engineering teams for feature enhancement
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships with product, sales & other teams, maintaining effective communication channels
- Maintain continuous alignment of our wider team efforts on projects which have high impact on Workrise’s finance and accounting processes, employee and customer experiences
- Prepare detailed analyses, plans, milestones, deliverables and overall status updates for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience, with leadership positions in accounting and high growth environments
- Significant & relevant experience in multi-national, high-growth public companies or in large accounting firms
- Accounting and financial systems, processes & technology expertise
- Customer driven mindset, focused on value creation
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Analytical and systemic thinking
- Skilled change agent
- Integration and M&A experience
- Big 4 audit or management consulting experience a plus
- Salesforce, NetSuite, Paylocity experience
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.