Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2018 is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to lead and manage a team of financial analysts responsible for planning, forecasting, and budgeting for the company. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-energy finance leader with demonstrated experience leading the budgeting, forecasting and planning processes of high-growth companies and developing the skills and productivity of a team of analysts. The role is located in our Austin, Texas headquarters and this person will be an integral leader within the Finance organization, reporting directly to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis in Austin.
Success depends on your demonstrated ability to influence at levels above and below your own, leveraging your engaged and high performing team as well as other cross functional partners. The analytical, complex modeling, reporting and business planning expertise you have gained over the last 5+ years of your career, combined with at least 2 years of people management experience will enable you to provide insightful conclusions and accurate decisions as you drive accurate reporting of the company.
Your ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing will be critical as you provide regular, timely and accurate financial reporting with appropriate context to leadership. You will have demonstrated the ability to work successfully and with speed in a cross functional and international environment, managing day to day details and analytics of your team and then synthesizing them into a concise executive message for leadership. You have a very strong aptitude for learning, can quickly grasp complex concepts and data and summarize for relevant key messages, and are comfortable driving change and managing within a high-growth business.
What You’ll Do
- Direct the process for developing the annual operating budget and monthly re-forecasts, including building and maintaining ongoing revenue and earnings guidance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans and modeling tools
- Design and direct the preparation of meaningful financial analyses of both internal and external data which aid senior management decisions and support a range of operation and financial activities, including: department reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, internal reporting, competitive financial analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, and Board of Directors presentations
- Design, implement, and monitor sales compensation plans that optimize revenue growth and spending efficiency
- Lead an efficient special pricing and discounting deals desk, in partnership with sales leadership, that maximizes revenue while minimizing organizational burdens on sales
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures with an eye on driving higher ROI across all major investment areas
- Work closely with the Accounting organization in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Assist in investor relations such as fundraising, preparation of board of director decks, responding to investor requests, etc
- Lead, inspire, manage, and develop the Financial Planning team to ensure the department’s success
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in financial planning and analysis, including 2+ experience managing a team of analysts in a corporate environment.
- Experience measuring subscription/SaaS business models and related metrics strongly preferred. Public company experience and experience taking a company through an IPO a strong plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or applicable experience. MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling, Excel, and database skills are assumed; ability to build integrated (three financial statements) models is also assumed.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Experience with Excel, ERP systems, business planning / business intelligence systems, and CRM systems (Salesforce a plus).
- Excellent verbal/written communication, influencing, and interpersonal relationship skills
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity.
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable independently solving problems despite ambiguity
- A thoughtful leader who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments
- Excellent time-management skills
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.