Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Currently, we are working from home due to Covid-19. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
As the Manager of FP&A, your primary focus is on driving the company's total financial model to fruition via predictability & scalability. This role reports to the Director of FP&A and presents a unique opportunity to partner across the business, including VP & C-Level executives, to drive the future growth and scale of the company. You are responsible for measuring real time business and investment performance, planning for a high growth and profitable future, and driving the finance team to develop and implement processes to support the needs of an evolving, enterprise-class business.
The Manager will own LM's 3 statement financial forecast, financial and operational reporting, and support LM's Annual Operating Plan Process. FP&A Manager will be expected to serve as the key business partner and thought leader within the FP&A team, and will live/breathe/analyze/report key SaaS metrics for the total company.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Evolve and lead the annual/quarterly forecasting process; highlight trends, risks and opportunities. Continuously identify areas to streamline and improve the financial planning processes and tools.
- Collaborate with the Controller and Accounting team on the monthly close process including comparison of actual results and maintaining accurate forecasting processes and systems
- Perform functional financial or cost analyses (e.g. cash flow analysis, "what if" analysis) and prepare related reports (e.g. Pro-forma financial statements)
- Create strategic frameworks and methodologies to drive critical financial decisions
- Prepare ad-hoc special analyses for the senior management team including scenario modeling, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Structure and manage complex cross-org projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses to evaluate profitable growth initiatives and other strategic initiatives
- Identify and recommend solutions for increased data quality and system functionality to enhance decision making
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related major (MBA preferred)
- 7+ years of SaaS FP&A Experience, preferably supporting a wide range of functions
- Demonstrated management ability to direct staff in managing multiple projects and deadlines. Lead!
- Strong project management skills to lead complex cross-functional initiatives across multiple stakeholders
- Highly proficient at creating accurate, efficient and effective financial models, budgets and reports
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills: ability to analyze complex business problems and recommend viable solutions by digging into the details and interpret the key business drivers
- Broad and deep understanding of complex financial concepts, including a strong understanding of accounting principles, new present / future value, return on investment, financial leverage, fixed and variable relationships, etc.