Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
Care.com is seeking a Manager of FP&A, reporting to the Director, FP&A. In this role, you will actively partner with the leadership team to ensure the financial health of the business, collaborate on short and long-term business strategies, and own forecasting and budgeting. The ideal candidate is highly organized, technical & flexible, with strong prioritization skills and experience modeling and driving growth in software, internet, SaaS, or IT service industries.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Develop key performance indicators with operational teams to enhance datainterpretation.
- Develop business cases, investment / ROI summaries, and complete ad hoc analyses asneeded.
- Create and maintain financial models to support the product/new business initiatives,budgeting, and forecasting.
- Perform monthly variance analysis and communications to both corporate accounting andcorporate FP&A regarding forecasts and results
- Prepare, compile, analyze and communicate information for financial reporting andanalysis, including monthly operating reviews for noted areas of responsibility
- Prepare materials for key meetings (Weekly and Monthly Business Review meetings,Forecast Update meetings, etc.)
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- BS/BA in finance, business, or a related field
- 3-5+ years of related experience in strategic FP&A
- Must have experience in the tech industry AND management consulting, private equity, or investment banking
- Excel expertise, with the ability to build and manage complex models with dozens of tabs and thousands of formulas
- SQL experience a plus
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with a deep and demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization, including BOD/C-level
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, in particular, an understanding of key financial and operational needle movers
- Willingness to accept new challenges, and a high level of curiosity and creativity as it relates to new projects and problem-solving
- High energy and initiative
- Excellent with numbers, math & logic
- Passionate about business: you like to understand what drives a business, and try to identify opportunities to go after and risks to mitigate
- Knowledgeable about the marketplace and/or SaaS business industry and the metrics behind it
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).