Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
Become part of the Care.com Accounting team as the Manager of SOX and Financial Reporting in a position with high visibility with Senior Finance Leadership and work in an advisory capacity with all areas of Accounting. In this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of our internal controls program in accordance with SOX requirements and managing the administration and preparation of financial statements to our parent company (IAC). This position will report into the Corporate Controller.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Own maintenance and enhancement of the SOX program including process narratives and the controls matrix via coordination with management for reflection of processes within SOX documentation
- Lead the SOX implementation at acquired entities
- Provide control recommendations in order to address key risks in manual and system-based processes
- Act as liaison with internal and external auditors on timing, logistics, and requests management for annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Oversee the preparation of reporting packages, ensuring accurate and timely submission to Group Financial Reporting Team
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency and/or accuracy of financial reporting processes
- Act as primary liaison between Care and IAC on increasingly complex intercompany activity and review for proper accounting of those transactions by the accounting team
- Prepare the monthly cash flow statements
- Collaborate with other members of finance in providing accounting guidance on complex and unusual transactions
- Assist in the review of journal entries during the monthly and quarterly closing process related to complex accounting areas such as goodwill and leases
- Be go-to individual for ad hoc accounting projects and analyses needed by senior management
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- CPA is required
- 5+ years of experience, primarily from public accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills, as well as ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).