Payments Analyst at Workrise
Workrise is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Core Operations team at Workrise is hiring a Payments Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring accurate payments and reporting with respect to compensation of our field workers and billable equipment.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong understanding of data management and payment processing, with an eye for process improvement and prioritization. In this role, you will be responsible for executing scalable solutions in support of a remote 1099 workforce.
What you’ll be doing:
Identify and recommend process improvements such as training, customization, automation and enhancements to maximize value and efficiency of the payments system (NetSuite) and internal payment tools
- Prepares reports and present findings and recommendations with respect to payroll accuracy and compensation trends
- Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports
- Collaborates with other analysts and accounting staff to plan, modify, and customize the payments system and to test new applications and features
- Prepares training materials, guides, and documentation when needed
- Provides user training and hands-on support for Payroll Administrators, field managers, and other AP approvers
- Works with internal partners to build a feedback loop from procurement to the end-to-end payments process
- Supports AP Associates by entering, maintaining, and/or processing GL and project information coding in the AP and procurement approval system; information may include vendor profiles, GL coding, and memo lines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in Payroll or Accounting preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.