Payments and Projects Accountant at Expedia Group
Vrbo is seeking a Payments and Projects Accountant at their headquarters in Austin, Texas. You will have direct responsibility for implementing and reconciling global e-commerce payment accounts. As the Payments and Projects Accountant you will drive monthly and quarterly close activities related to payments, analyze high volumes of transactional data, manage auditor requests, and will work closely with cross functional departments such as development, product, systems, sales, FP&A and legal. Drawing on previous experience with transactional revenue systems and data analysis for a high volume business, you will play a lead role in new product and system implementations in the rapidly growing online vacation rental business.
To be successful, you must be a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and provide accounting process improvement expertise in support of the company’s revenue drivers and initiatives.
- Implement processes, automation, and reconciliations for the payment processing business
- Play a key role cross functionally in implementing and maintaining accounting, reconciliations, and systems for payment processing
- Research and resolve exceptions between the credit card processor, accounting system, and bank statements
- Manage and organize large amounts of data in order to isolate and solve problems. Ensure the proper accounting treatment for all product and service offerings is documented
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, as well as with emerging accounting standards and support statutory requirements as needed
- Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards announcements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as necessary
- Assist with SOX process and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain reconciliation of GAAP reporting to internal operating metrics
- Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient and accurate recording and proper classification of liabilities and expenses
- Manage monthly close efforts, including preparation of monthly liability, payments, and accounts receivable reconciliations
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end audit process, actively working with external auditors to ensure that the interpretation of accounting standards is consistent and aligned with GAAP
- Manage and organize large amounts of data in order to isolate and solve problems
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
- 4-6 years corporate and/or public accounting experience
- Prior experience with high volume transactional revenue systems and data analysis required
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, and a willingness to dive into the details
- Proven experience being dedicated to improve and streamline processes
- Ability to interpret and research accounting guidance
- Self-motivated, deadline oriented, fast-learner, who is a dedicated, hands-on standout colleague with excellent problem-solving skills
- Execution focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Strong process and system skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across functions to resolve problems
- Experience with eCommerce business is a plus
- CPA or actively pursuing a CPA
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on VRBO.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between. Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.