As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Payroll Manager that will be responsible for managing a fast-paced multi-state payroll of 2000+ W-2 consultants. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a drive for customer focus, a ‘dig in’ and get things done attitude, paired with a drive for data accuracy and continuous collaborative improvement.
Why Join us? Our Financial Operations team at Workrise ensures our marketplace transacts accurately and scales with our growth.What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a payroll team that processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll cycles for multiple subsidiaries while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain payroll information by working closely with sales, field teams and revenue teams to improve processes, and by helping in designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data for accurate, scalable payment processing
- Assist the payroll team with discrepancies, benefit deductions, garnishment calculations, and proper taxation to ensure compliance
- Assist in M&A activity to include mapping and overseeing payroll transition plan
- Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our platform
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying current on existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Mentor and coach direct reports, Payroll Leads, who in turn manage dedicated payroll teams by pay policy
What you should have:
- 8+ years of payroll administration experience
- CPP preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal payroll tax scenarios and requirements
- Demonstrate solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- A very proactive mindset to solving problems
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.