Pricing Analyst at DISCO
We are looking for a Pricing Analyst who is passionate about helping provide our sales and finance teams with insights and metrics that enable us to make better decisions. Specifically, the Pricing Analyst will run pricing scenarios that fall within existing pricing structures, will evaluate other pricing scenarios presented by members of the sales organization, and will be in constant dialogue with Sales and Finance leadership. Additionally, you will seek to drive further standardization of pricing across deals.
You will develop a deep understanding of our business, particularly around the cost, revenue, and margin ramifications of our deal structures and pricing. Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the Pricing Analyst plays an important role in developing/updating pricing models, standard price quotation spreadsheets, currency conversion calculators, what-if scenario calculators, and other pricing infrastructure. You will collaborate very closely with many sales professionals, as well as Business Intelligence Analysts, accountants, Finance and Sales leadership, and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in MIS, finance, accounting, or economics preferred.
- 4+ years of intensive Excel experience. Your pricing models may go through six iterations in a single day; your mastery building extensible Excel models must facilitate model flexibility for quick iteration and different scenarios. Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs, multi-conditional nested ANDs/ORs, and highly nested formulas are familiar and comfortable.
- 2+ years analysis experience with a SaaS based business model
- You handle constructive criticism effectively; your models will be criticized to be made better.
- Extreme attention to detail: precision and correctness of calculations within your models is critical.
- The highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Respect and proper handling of confidential information. You will have confidential non-public pricing and prospect information; an ongoing practice of proper confidence is a part of who you are.
- Experience with SQL is preferred.
- Model revenue, margin, and profitability implications of proposed business deals and transactions.
- Collaborate effectively with both the finance and sales organizations while building pricing models.
- Drive better pricing consistency from deal-to-deal; ensure that deviations from the norm have a justifiable business case.
- Ensure price quoting in currencies outside the USD is quoted properly (and with correct exchange rates).
- The business is fast-paced; you will iterate quickly through numerous ‘what-if’ scenarios of a business deal and provide both sales and finance with likely outcomes of the proposed deal.
- Create standardized pricing model templates to be used in standard deal negotiations.
- Building other models as directed: this may include sales commission models, general revenue/sales forecasting models, and models to facilitate various sensitivity analyses.
- Broad collaboration on other Business Intelligence initiatives: uncovering insights in business data, creating and sharing reports across the enterprise, and making data-driven recommendations for improved business operations.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401k
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus and equity
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day, as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company