Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented person with a roll up your sleeves attitude to join our team as the first Pricing Operations Manager, reporting to the Head of Pricing. You will help ensure accurate and timely quote generation by managing multiple operations workflows, supporting cross-functional communications and project management, and providing feedback to further develop our internal pricing software.
This role also requires cross-functional leadership, as you will have to interface across a variety of teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Business Operations. You’ll be joining a talented, experienced team and be a part of building something special from the ground up.
We are building a distributed operations team and encourage all applicants to apply, regardless of location.
What you will do
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of quotes for new business and renewals, consulting with our underwriting team, technology partners, and reinsurers as necessary
- Manage and improve multiple operational workflows related to preliminary quotes, final quotes, claims experience rating, facultative approvals, and renewal quoting.
- Work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure best practices are followed, to develop training materials, and to manage escalated pricing issues with the right blend of judgment and data-driven decision making.
- Think creatively while using our business intelligence tools to build scalable processes so our team and company work more efficiently.
- Partner with our product team to develop new features to support scalable operations.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a healthcare, insurance, and/or start-up environment. Knowledge of the health insurance industry preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communicator. You love building relationships with others, delivering a “wow” service experience to internal customers, and aren’t afraid of saying no when necessary.
- Values-oriented. You care deeply about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Unparalleled attention to detail. You love getting into the weeds to get things done.
- Fast learner. Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Strong team player with a track record of working cross-functionally.
- Comfortable with modern web applications.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Read Full Job Description