RetailMeNot is looking for curious, driven, customer focused experts to help build our business unit to enable the next generation of products which will make RetailMeNot the number one savings destination for our customers and be an indispensable business partner for our retail customers.
You will report to the Senior Director of Risk and Loss Management and be a key contributor in building a risk management discipline using quantitative methods to manage daily fraud and risk functions. This role will contribute to developing proactive strategic objectives as well as be on the front lines of reacting to new fraud threats facing RetailMeNot.
The principal responsibility of this role is to develop new measurements, processes, and policies for the risk business in line with the broad RetailMeNot business plan. You are a self-starter, be familiar with extracting and analyzing data, be able to connect decisions to broader strategy, and execute cross functionally across product lines.
Who You Are
- BS/BA degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in a business analyst role or related experience, risk management experience a plus
- Live in Austin, TX
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have deep knowledge of analytic tools (such as SQL), always use data to validate strategy or hypotheses, familiarity with Amazon Web Service data solutions a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in delivering on loss goals or finance targets
- Real passion for technology
- Experience in underwriting, fraud mitigation for online or mobile payment transaction processing, loss mitigation and recovery, or payments compliance all pluses
What You'll Do
- Use your knowledge of analytical tools and data analysis to drive solutions and validate strategies or hypotheses
- Use quantitative methods to understand financial outcomes from initiatives and strategies
- Build relationships across cross functional organizational structure to meet individual and RetailMeNot goals
- Exercise independent judgment to overcome obstacles and issues
- Seek to identify root causes and recommend solutions to avoid repeat of problems
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.