As a key member of the Corporate Accounting team, the Revenue Accountant will support the revenue accounting operations and play a key role in the monthly close process. This role contributes collaboratively to ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Perform monthly and quarterly revenue accounting close activities, which include the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and analysis related to revenue and deferred revenue
- Ensure compliance with corporate revenue policies, procedures and controls
- Assist senior team members with projects to streamline processes and improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Work collaboratively with Orders team to resolve bookings issues
- Perform research, analysis, and documentation projects at direction of senior team members in relation to ASC 606 conversion
- Assist in sales contract review to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with the Company's policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Company's ERP and revenue reporting system
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial and customer metrics reporting
- Collaborate with legal, sales operations and order management to support special projects related to revenue initiatives and assist with ad-hoc requests as needed
- Assist with accounting, analysis and reporting of revenue
- Prepare documentation and support for quarterly/annual audit requests
- 2 years of experience in revenue recognition or equivalent (Big 4 or large public accounting firm experience preferred).
- CPA preferred
- Software and/or SaaS experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of ASC 605/606. Able to perform contract review and document revenue accounting treatment
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce is a strong plus
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with the Company
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner