We love hospitality! With vacation rental popularity continuing to skyrocket, TurnKey recognized the need for better, smarter, more consistent hospitality and service. So, we’re redefining the vacation rental experience to enhance the lives of our homeowners, guests, and valued team members every day. As part of our team, you’ll play an integral role in driving our service and technology innovations. We're headquartered in Austin, and recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Midsized Companies to Work For and Best Paying Companies!
Join us in our journey as we work smart, grow fast, and win together!
Introduction to the role:
The General Ledger team at TurnKey plays a critical role in ensuring our financial statements are timely, accurate and complete. We have a fun, team-focused department with a lot of personality. The ideal candidate thrives working in a small tight-knit and supportive team, is intellectually curious, and has the ability to flex as things change. The Revenue Accountant will be the team guru on all things topline, including understanding the order to cash process for each of our distribution channels, being the expert on all of our revenue streams, and knowing the ins and outs of our owner statement process. TurnKey is seeking a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, a strong dedication to hard work, and the ability to drive continuous improvement throughout the accounting organization. The Revenue Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and this role will be based in our Austin Headquarters.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare the journal entries, reconciliation and analysis of accounts related to revenue, including accounts receivable, advance deposits, and deferred revenue
- Partner with Business Intelligence, Development and other departments to ensure revenue is reported accurately and appropriately
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure a clear understanding of the evolution and direction of the business and the implication on revenue processes, controls, and reporting. Establish new revenue recognition, internal controls, and reporting procedures as the company launches new revenue channels.
- Develop training materials and communications to drive adherence to Accounting process and policy
- Work closely with the AP team to understand and enhance processes related to monthly owner statements and related revenue and expenses
- Partner with the FP&A team and other departments to provide a detailed understanding of actual revenue performance as compared to budget/forecast.
- Provide support for the annual audit of the company’s financial statements, as well as other periodic audits as required with the preparation of audit schedules, supporting documentation and answering questions.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance and provide recommendations and guidance to the Controller and business.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of accounting experience, previous hospitality or vacation rental industry experience is a plus. Preference given to CPA's / CPA candidates.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles, especially as it related to revenue (i.e., ASC 606)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growing environment
- A strong understanding of how business processes drive debits and credits, and the ability to articulate in layperson terms how these things are connected
- Strong financial analysis skills and expertise in order to cash processes
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive process improvement by collaborating with other departments
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Sage Intacct (or other similar Accounting Software), Salesforce, Bill.com, and Expensify a strong plus
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Work with a world-class team to develop industry-leading processes and solutions
- Company-sponsored monthly events, including monthly happy hours
- Competitive pay
- Employee stock options
- Generous PTO
- Discounted stays at Turnkey luxury properties
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Dog friendly workplace
- Leadership and career development programs
- Opportunities to advance within the company
Who We Are:
TurnKey (TurnKeyVR.com) is the leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin, TX and manage over 5,000 properties in over 80 destinations and growing including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Breckenridge, Park City, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara to name a few.
Our goal is to become the largest and most highly regarded firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at a lower cost. We offer competitive salaries and bonuses as well as stock options in our high-growth technology company.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
Not every traveler is the same. Not everyone wants the same travel experience. For this reason, it’s important for TurnKey to build a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of our guests and homeowners. As an equal opportunity employer, TurnKey welcomes all employees and applicants, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, condition of pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic.