RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Accounting and Finance team at RigUp ensures accurate financial reporting and monitors and manages RigUp’s capital. On this team, you can find Strategic Finance, FP&A, Financial Reporting and Credit working together to help RigUp grow.
RigUp is hiring a Revenue Accounting Manager who will be in charge of developing and managing the accounting processes of a growing portfolio of revenue models, optimizing our month end close operations, and advising the business teams on accounting and operational impacts of new product offerings. This role will partner closely with a large team of cross-functional business partners,, and the broader finance team to develop scalable accounting and operational solutions for revenue recognition evaluation. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic high-growth environment, experience with transformational accounting processes and a drive to be continually learning. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Evaluate existing and new contracts for revenue recognition in line with ASC 606
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policies
- Document technical memos to support our revenue conclusions in line with ACS 606
- Manage the monthly revenue processes to ensure revenue is recognized at the appropriate time and management is informed of progress
- Perform and monitor certain tasks within the ERP system to facilitate the monthly revenue processes
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a consolidated basis
- Perform certain SOX compliance activities on a monthly basis
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to cross-functional departments including Sales, Legal, Finance, and Transaction Operations
- Monitor relevant GAAP developments to ensure accounting policies are compliant
- Support the annual financial statement audit and work closely with the external auditors to ensure upfront issue management
What you should have:
- 6-8 years of accounting experience, 4+ years of revenue recognition experience
- 4+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA license required
- Exceptional project management skills
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description