ScaleFactor, one of Austin's Best Places to Work For + voted Coolest Companies, is not your typical accounting company and you are not the typical Revenue Analyst. We are a high-growth tech company that combines intuitive software with a dedicated team of in-house experts. And, we are looking for a Revenue Analyst to join our growing bizops team. Come join us!
JOB TITLE: REVENUE ANALYST
You are in the early stage of your career with 2+ years of experience, passionate about technology and innovation and looking for a cutting-edge place to learn, thrive and grow. You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your problem-solving, proactive decision-making, and project management skills are top notch. Your accounting knowledge and administrative skills are some of your strengths. You have a passion for revenue accounting and you enjoy working on a multitude of accounting, finance, and organizational duties in a variety of areas.
- Review customer contracts and orders forms to identify potential revenue recognition issues and ensure proper revenue treatment
- Create accurate invoices based on order forms in a timely manner
- Audit, reconcile, correct, and communicate any discrepancies in customer invoices to customer.
- Calculate and book monthly revenue accruals
- Assist in reconciling deferred and unbilled revenue accounts
- Work closely with sales management, legal and sales operations to ensure proper compliance with revenue recognition rules and guidelines
- Develop new processes to allow faster and more efficient recording of transactions as well as assisting in the implementation of upgraded systems
- As needed, you will assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests as well as perform accounting research and documentation
- Throughout the quarter you will assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts
- Understanding of ASC 606 and US GAAP Accounting Standards
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or Big 4 Accounting experience
- 2-5 years experience in SaaS software revenue accounting
- Credit or Lending experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience/familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and documentation
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work + voted one of Coolest Austin Companies
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Equity options for all our full time employees
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, snacks, catered Friday lunch, meals on work late days
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
JOIN THE TEAM AS OUR NEW OUR REVENUE ANALYST!
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your completed revenue analyst application online!
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Entry Level Accountant, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst, Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Research Analyst, Intermediate Level Accountant,
Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheet