- Audit daily retail store Point of Sale (POS) sales on an exception basis by performing transaction edits in audit tool
- Ensures the sales data in audit tool and general ledger are aligned each period
- Identifies, researches and resolves sales trends and detect discrepancies in retail sales/cash flow
- Ability to identify and understand the accounting flow in the automated tasks to help troubleshoot issues
- Maintain daily Accounting details including procedures, reconciliations, journal entries, and documentation.
- Works with business partners to ensure understanding of policies, procedures, and system changes.
- Participate in the accounting close process including monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review each period
- Assist both the team and retail store team members in determining the cause for cash overage or shortages
- Identify areas of improvement and promote efficiency, organization, and accuracy around accounting procedures
- Communicate as necessary with retail store leadership to validate compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Banking team to investigate and resolve cash and gift card settlement discrepancies
- Work with Accounts Receivable team with customer account reconciliation, credit card, and manufacture coupon
- Performs special tasks and projects relation to functional responsibilities or other areas, as needed on variances
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise
- Good knowledge of Accounting principles, policies and practices, including GAAP.
- Thorough understanding of retail sales flow, including cash settlement
- Process oriented with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite, special emphasis on Excel
- Able to remain focused on goals despite disruption or changes in approach.
- Accepts organizational realities and constraints while demonstrating flexibility and resilience.
- Treats difficulties and setbacks as opportunities.
- Communicates structured information in a clear, concise, and organized fashion.
- Collaborates with others to achieve objectives and ensure information flow.
- Applies basic research, information gathering and analytical skills to:
- Select appropriate alternatives from defined options,
- Collect required documentation and verify conformance with standards,
- Assess accuracy of detailed information.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, adhere to deadlines, receive guidance and work independently
- Takes initiative and demonstrates a strong desire to reach challenging goals and pursue excellence.
- Considers impact to Team Members, customers, and the organization.
- Has sense of humor
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.