Sales Finance Manager at LegalZoom
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped more than four million customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
At LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all.
As part of this dynamic team, the Finance and Analytics department is seeking a finance professional who is familiar with a variety of financial concepts, practices, and procedures. We seek a self-starter who embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing sound financial judgment and analytical insight to the Sales operations and strategic planning. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on financial and analytic domains. A strong sense of ownership and a critical eye is crucial for success in the role.
The ideal candidate will be extremely hands-on while possessing advanced financial experience in a Sales capacity. We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communications are imperative.
What you’ll do:
· Partner with Leadership across Sales and Sales Operations in performing the financial forecast process, creating/maintaining financial performance reporting, sales compensation, and running ad-hoc analyses that drive actionable insights.
· Collaborate with business partners, corporate finance and adjacent teams for providing recommendations based on financial and operational objectives
· Create, maintain, and enhance business insights through daily dashboards and ad hoc analyses. Recommend, design, and implement process improvement and internal control for financial reporting.
· Design and implement processes improvement and internal controls for financial reporting
· Responsible for performing the analysis of monthly financial performance for each sales team in terms of revenue and operating expense
· Owning the P/L for the sales team and identify risk and opportunities based on corporate strategy
· Developing and maintaining financial forecast models to deliver high level of accuracy with changing business strategy
· Ad-hoc reporting and analytics as required
· Bachelor's degree in finance or related field
· 5+ years of experience preferably with Technology or Software industries
· Forecast and variance analysis experience within transactional and subscription Sales environments
· Advanced model building expertise
· Experience in designing and administering compensation plans to drive sales performance
· Strong orientation to process building and excellent documentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
· Intermediate skills with SQL database querying and data visualization to tell a story
· Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, and data-driven organization
· Public and private experience
· Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.