SEC Reporting Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Reporting Manager oversees all facets of Cloudflare’s quarterly and annual external reporting. This highly visible leadership role manages the filing calendar, consolidates all required inputs, prepares documents, and coordinates the review process to facilitate prompt, correct, and complete reporting. Additionally, this role serves as a primary technical resource for Cloudflare Accounting, providing research and guidance on matters related to GAAP compliance and changes in Accounting Standards. Finally, this position, in cooperation with the Corporate Controller, oversees the Cloudflare’s internal control management self-assessment process, including the design, execution, and evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports, as well as periodic filings including coordinating with
legal, tax, and treasury
- Develop, maintain, and manage company-wide filing calendar to facilitate accurate completion and sufficient
review of all external filings within required timeframes
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports
- Manage and correctly report all equity based transactions and equity compensation
- Provide guidance on and challenge the appropriateness of disclosures
- Complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires
- Coordinate communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to
ensure support for company position on accounting disclosures and other issues
- Monitor the peer group filings to identify industry trends
- Direct Cloudflare’s technical accounting activities including a) research and interpret accounting pronouncements,
b) identify the impact on the company’s accounting policies and financial statements, c) manage the self-
assessment process and d) develop training materials and conduct sessions to train the Cloudflare’s financial and
non-financial personnel. Position papers are written for both complex accounting and to provide interpretation of
- Monitor and research the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules under US
GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Manage, in cooperation with the Corporate Controller, the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting
compliance program including a) continuous evaluation of the Company’s risk assessment and corresponding
internal controls matrix, b) develop training materials and conduct sessions to train Cloudflare’s financial and non-
financial personnel, c) oversee the self-assessment process and d) manage the remediation of identified internal
- Assist in gathering necessary support for equity or debt offerings
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as assigned including purchase accounting for acquisitions,
discontinued operations accounting for divestitures, and complex joint venture accounting.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 4-Year Accounting Degree Required
- CPA Designation Required (Active License Preferred)
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures.
- Experience with the following systems is preferred: Equity Edge Online and NetSuite.
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position
and develop procedures for implementation.
- Ability to interpret complex technical guidance and effectively present the Company’s accounting position
both in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Proven project management skills with ability to drive results across departments.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, and take initiative under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Comfort in a fast paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94115.