Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Accountant that will take on a significant role within Workrise’s Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting team — primarily with respect to external filings, technical accounting and policy development.
Why Join us? Our Accounting team at Workrise is part of the overall Finance & Accounting group. We are a bunch of hard-working, curious, attentive, no-ego, number-crunchers, ensuring financial accuracy, financial statement preparation, and internal and external reporting. We are building the foundation of a world class Finance and Accounting organization as our business continues to scale and grow.What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in preparation of financial statements, footnotes, disclosures, checklists and necessary support for external filings
- Prepare monthly internal reporting packages and debt covenant compliance reports
- Assist in the accounting for stock-based compensation
- Assess and assist in implementation of new accounting standards
- Ensure Workrise’s Accounting and Finance Policies are current, accurate, and support compliance and existing business practices
- Coordinate and interact with internal teams, including senior management
- Preparation and review of documentation for external auditors
- Prepare and/or assist with other ad-hoc research or projects
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley controls over financial reporting
- Multi-task and complete assigned tasks and projects in accordance with set timelines
- Implement and own financial reporting software
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience including experience in SEC accounting and financial reporting
- Background in Big 4 audit highly preferred
- Strong U.S. GAAP foundation including understanding of recent GAAP standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- CPA license a plus
- Experience with XBRL, Workiva and NetSuite a plus
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.