Senior Accountant - Corporate
Your superpower is understanding numbers and bending them to your will. Cats are envious of your ability to balance when it comes to managing the books. You are a numerical detective and master strategist – you can understand a story by just looking at the numbers and can use those numbers to predict the future.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Iris Telehealth has an opportunity for a Corporate Accountant to join our Downtown Austin team. This is an exciting ground floor opportunity to report directly to the Vice President of Finance and offers the chance to build out new processes and leverage new systems. In this role you will be responsible for managing corporate financial accounting functions that include owning the monthly closing process, generating and analyzing financial statements, and applying and monitoring fiscal controls.
What you’ll be doing:
- General accounting, banking, tax, finance, and bookkeeping functions
- Employee payroll for our corporate and clinician teams
- Complete 1099 and other compliance reporting and filings
- Create periodic financial and KPI reports summarizing the current state of the business
- Collect, analyze, and strategize on data to help guide business development
- 2+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant
- Skilled with journal entries, reconciliations, establishing processes, etc.
- Prepared and presented monthly and annual financial statements
- Understands basic data and data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Expert in accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks); advanced knowledge of GAAP; advanced understanding of budgeting and financial statements; intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
We are a telepsychiatry company that provides mental health care to clinics and hospitals using video conferencing technology such as Skype. The key to our growth is through building partnerships with medical systems and recruiting excellent clinicians to provide great mental health care. Iris Telehealth has a culture of ownership, humor and mastery. Our team is small enough that you can see how your work affects the bottom line and big enough to have the urgency and excitement of a Fortune 500 company.
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus + equity)
- Five weeks of paid time off each year, including holidays
- 100% of the premium cost of Healthcare, Vision, & Dental for you and your family
- $50/month for a gym membership
- $50/month for your cell phone bill
- 100% employer paid life insurance coverage
- 401k Plan with company match