What's Cool About This Job
WP Engine empowers everyone-from entrepreneurs to global brands-to build breakthrough digital experiences on WordPress and drive their business forward faster.
We are a fast-growing technology company. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment for passionate people who want to learn, innovate, and positively impact the lives of customers, team members and their communities.
The Day to Day
- Actively participate in month-end 5-day close cycle to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations, including deferred revenue, equity, accounts receivable, and accruals.
- Leads and ensures revenue accounting cycle (from invoicing to cash application) is within the revenue recognition guidelines of GAAP including the management of deferred revenue.
- Ensure stock-based compensation accounting is accurately stated and assist with the management of employee stock option plan.
- Ensure month-end accruals are properly recorded and collaborate with the Procure-To-Pay team as accrual process evolves resulting from new system implementations (i.e. Coupa).
- Perform analyses of key accounts to ensure that proper accounting has been applied.
- Analyze monthly account fluctuations and investigate significant variances.
- Run and report on significant balance sheet activity and balances.
- Assist with audit preparation.
- Assist the Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager on various analysis, initiatives and ad hoc projects in support of financial reporting requirements.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and management of financial controls and processes.
- Responsible for the oversight of key controls within various key accounting processes and integrity of data.
Your Expertise and Passion
You will have a strong foundation in general accounting and be passionate about pursuing more complex areas involving revenue recognition and stock-based compensation. He or she feels confident working deep in the details but can also see "the big picture." This role will have frequent interaction with the Order-To-Cash Team, Procure-To-Pay Team, Finance, and the Corporate Controller.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- 4+ years of overall general accounting experience, including a minimum of 2 years Big 4 experience and revenue accounting experience. Ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues.
- CPA preferred
- Strong Excel skills: able to handle very large "raw" data sets using pivots and advanced functions such as VLOOKUP.
- Possess a deep understanding of ASC 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Strong technical accounting skills that can be applied to the Company's fast-paced environment.
- Interest and aptitude to improve accounting systems and business processes.
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of multiple concurrent and diversified tasks, while working within deadlines.
- Sense of urgency and strong attention to details.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with NetSuite a plus.
- Preferred work experience in the software or services industry
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount