OJO Labs – Senior Accountant
We are a leader in the AI/machine learning space building conversational technology products that are indistinguishable from magic. We are proud to say that we have the best and brightest minds coming to work every day to build on a shared common vision.
The Sr. Accountant will play an important role in helping shape the team as the company grows. This role presents an incredible learning opportunity and includes exposure to international accounting and business process optimization within a fast-paced, growing environment. We hope to have an opportunity to meet you, learn about your experience and introduce you to the OJO team.
What you’ll do:
- Perform a variety of month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform customer invoicing and collection activities
- Perform revenue and cost accounting activities
- Perform customer rebate fulfillment activities and monthly customer reporting
- Perform cash application and bank reconciliations
- Record and reconcile intercompany activity and assist in the consolidation process
- Assist with research and preparation of commentary for month-end variance analysis
- Assist with audits and other special projects
What we’re looking for:
- Alignment with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Be Fearless, Hire Great, Be Compassionate
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to quickly learn new systems (NetSuite experience a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Highly organized and efficient in documentation
- Graduation with degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience working at a national public accounting firm or technology company is preferred
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, early stage technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in both Austin, TX and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 350 employees globally. We are consistently voted a Best Place to Work and were recently awarded Austin Inno’s “50 on Fire” award which recognizes the hottest startups in Austin. Backed by top-tier VC's and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and every new hire we make will have a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Brand new office on South Congress
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!