Senior Accountant at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:12 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that saves lives?
Our mission is to reduce emergency response times and increase situational awareness for first responders. Our cloud-based emergency 9-1-1 dispatch platform and analytics software is the future of emergency response. In the last 12 months, we’ve signed major customers and have increased our recurring revenue more than twentyfold. In this new stage of growth, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated team members who will play a critical part in building the foundation of our team.
RapidDeploy is hiring a Senior Accountant, who will work closely with both the Accounting & Finance teams. The role is primarily responsible for general ledger accuracy and analysis and will be heavily involved in month end processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis as well as the primary liaison with outside accounting/tax firms. For those interested in building out professional experience in both accounting and financial analysis, this position will play a key role in ASC 606 analysis and other ad hoc projects. The Senior Accountant will report to the Head of Finance.
- Assist in day to day accounting processes, including management of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable billing, and expense report review
- Assist with close responsibilities (i.e. journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis, detailed account analysis)
- Actively support annual audit, internal/external audit requests and quarterly audit schedules preparation
- Work with external tax firm to stay up to date on all filings and tax compliance
- Provide technical accounting guidance to ensure various transactions are properly recorded and in accordance with GAAP and company policies. Senior Accountant will be influential in driving company adoption of ASC 606, ASC 842 and other changes in GAAP standards
- Document policies and internal controls for Finance and Accounting
- Interface with managers and others in the company to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of processes
- Take on ad hoc projects across both Finance and Accounting, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting tools (ie. SaaSOptics, Bill.com)
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified candidates will have strong knowledge of GAAP; CPA Certification strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or another similar field
- 5-7 years of public accounting experience in a top tier firm
- Experience with NetSuite & Quickbooks ERPs and Salesforce or Hubspot are very beneficial
- SaaS Software company experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on team collaboration
- Ability to both prioritize and multi-task around various time sensitive requests
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description