Procore is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Senior Accountant to join our team. In this role, you’ll assume ownership of a wide range of account reconciliations, financial closing activities, and other analysis to support our financial close process. Successful candidates have an advanced understanding of financial statements and how they relate to one another and a working knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
This position reports to our Senior Manager, Accounting and will be based in our Carpinteria, California or Austin, Texas offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Hands-on involvement with the Accounting team on day-to-day, month-end, quarterly, and year-end activities
- Support the maintenance of the general ledger by researching and preparing journal entries for assigned areas of responsibility
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts; review and research variances
- Provide analysis and fluctuation variance explanations related to financial statements
- Manage requests and prepare financial supporting schedules for external auditors
- Identify and implement best-in-class processes and procedures
- Work with internal and external parties in resolving accounting issues
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements
- Assist with other ad-hoc or project-related responsibilities as needed to support the Finance Department
What we're looking for:
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting is required; experience in public accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business with an emphasis in accounting is required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- CPA designation preferred but not required
- Experience with large ERP system(s) preferred
- Large, public company audit experience preferred
- High-tech, start-up and/or rapid growth company experience preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task across a broad range of responsibilities in a dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to consistently produce high quality, accurate, and complete work products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.