Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Corporate Accounting Team as we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team. This key individual contributor role will have a unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. As a member joining the corporate accounting team, you will be playing a key role in a fast-paced environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to the scale of the company growth and make an impact to the global process. We have high expectations and a career at Medallia means embracing a growth mindset and constantly challenging yourself to always be better.
This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow professionally in a dynamic environment.
- Key player in the corporate accounting team in the month end and quarter end process for our worldwide close process by performing accounting tasks in a variety of areas in the financial statements
- Lead complex accounting areas including certain treasury tasks
- Experience in Fixed Assets, Allocations and Capitalized Software
- Prepare and review schedules, foreign entities close packages and perform analytics
- Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts reconciliations and prepare journal entries
- Key player in the integration and post-acquisition activities
- Understanding of SOX and able to apply the knowledge to guide daily work
- Key player in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, process improvements, control enhancements and establish best practice for day-to-day activities
- Ensuring compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of GAAP and able to interpret and apply guidance
- Be a strategic business partner in cross functional departments to help drive the accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Preparation of schedules for annual and quarterly reviews as required for our external auditors
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- 4+ years of accounting and financial analysis experience
- Demonstrated experience using Excel including pivot tables, vlookup or similar
- Demonstrated experience working in a global environment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- NetSuite or other major ERP experience
- Experience working in a global SaaS company
- Experience in a company with strong processes and controls, preferably with public company experience
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.