NUMBERS GURU | PROBLEM SOLVER | COLLABORATIVE
This role will be a key member of the finance team focused on reporting, compliance, modeling and audit support. This role is for a highly analytical individual with strong problem solving and process improvement skills.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Finance, Management, & Legal team awesome...
You’d never know we were accountants and lawyers, because we are metal-heads, bar owners, and sports fanatics first. What holds us together is our love for learning and a fun culture. We’re a scrappy team that’s all in this together.
- Learn all the things. Here you're not siloed into one function.
- See the bigger picture. We get to know the context behind the numbers.
- Have hobbies outside of work. Our team is eclectic and has hobbies outside of work.
- Small teams mean big impact. Be a part of a scrappy, growing company.
This is definitely a work hard, play hard team. Our department works very hard and sometimes we put in long hours, but we take care of each other. If you're overwhelmed and need help, there's always someone willing to support you. - Grayce, Homemade Dog Treats Guru (and Accounting Manager)As a Senior Accountant at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Work with the Assistant Controller to create solutions to assist with the financial close process and create efficiencies that will drive the close timeline down
- Build spreadsheets and models to streamline accounting operations from a systems and process perspective
- Engage in financial audits by participating in the completion and review of PBCs and responding to auditor requests
- Build out commission plans and work with new system to manage commission calculations and ASC 606 capitalized commission entries
- Assist with implementing new accounting standards and remain current with new accounting guidance from the FASB, IASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies (i.e. lease accounting).
- Create reporting for tracking accounting team KPI’s and OKR’s
- Assist with system implementations through product evaluation, testing and partnering with other departments for deployment
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc research and analysis
- Self-starter who is comfortable with a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment and is creative in finding solutions
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so.
- 5+ years of progressive, relevant work experience within a complex, dynamic and growing organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, and the ability to identify issues, interpret and apply accounting policies
- Strong analytical skills to provide insights and build out reports / models to back up explanations related to the financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact well with internal and external individuals
- Experience with multi-entity, multi-currency and very high proficiency in Excel required
- Experience with Netsuite (ERP), Chargebee, Salesforce, transfer pricing and eliminations, a plus
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.