Senior Accountant at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a skilled and passionate Senior Accountant that will be responsible for multiple areas of the financial close process; including payroll, benefits, bonus/commissions, and insurance. This is a key position on our corporate accounting team that will have an immediate impact on our close process from booking journal entries, performing variance analysis, identifying and implementing process improvements, and cross-training with other members of the team. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can communicate effectively, manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and exercise a high level of integrity and work ethic.
Why Join us? Our Corporate Accounting team at Workrise is part of the overall Finance & Accounting group. We are a bunch of hard-working, curious, attentive, coffee loving, no-ego, number-crunchers, owning the responsibility of processing payables, applying cash, ensuring financial accuracy and completeness, revenue close, financial statement preparation, all the way to budgets, forecasts, board decks etc. We are building the foundation of a world class Finance and Accounting organization as our business continues to scale and grow. Are you ready to help us empower the people who get hard work done?
Excited?! Keep reading;What you’ll be doing:
- Take on responsibility for payroll and benefits related month end activities including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, and other accounting operations.
- Focus areas will include payroll accounting, employee benefits, and insurance accounting; Experience with intercompany journals, and software capitalization related entries a plus.
- Responsible for ensuring department & vertical alignment across financial reporting systems and other organizational softwares.
- Provide fluctuation analysis and insights to Accounting leadership for forecasting and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with the Payroll Operations team (and other business units) providing basic accounting education, as needed.
- Work cross functionally with other Accounting teams on projects, financial audits, and financial reporting.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects (e.g. M&A, global and/or regional benefit initiatives etc.)
- Experience: 4-5 years of hands on, full-cycle Accounting experience (experience in a high growth start-up a plus)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Both technical and operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong ERP experience, NetSuite is a plus
- Ability to lead month-end meetings with other department groups and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to process improve while maintaining efficiency and accuracy
- Experience working within a startup environment and being part of an accounting team
- Self-driven: You need an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and conviction
- Detail-oriented: Your work is reliably accurate even when working fast
- Constant learner: You want to grow your areas of expertise as we grow our product and business
- Motivated: You take initiative and seek out responsibility, you want to grow in your responsibilities
- Adaptable: You will need to be ok with change, wearing multiple hats, and be flexible in your day to day priorities
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.