OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be an integral part of the day-to-day accounting operations of the company, to include recording of transactions, maintaining accounting records, and ensuring the reported results comply with GAAP, with a focus on the more technical areas of accounting. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for ensuring that the following accounting processes are recorded timely and in accordance with GAAP: debt, equity, inter-company
- Assist with ensuring that all expenses are timely booked and recorded in the appropriate department and GL accounts in accordance with GAAP
- Perform a variety of month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with research and preparation of commentary for month-end variance analysis
- Perform technical accounting research for areas under scope
- Provide guidance/mentorship to staff accountants and accounting interns
- Participate in ERP special projects, including M&A work and business process integrations
- Analyze and make recommendations for process improvements and to create efficiencies across various business processes
- Maintain and update internal control and process documentation
- Assist with audits and other special projects as needed
What we'll need from you:
- Alignment with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Hire Great, Be Compassionate, and Earn Trust
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in accounting, with public accounting experience a plus
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or another related field required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to quickly learn new systems (NetSuite experience a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Highly organized and efficient in both documentation and verbal / written communications
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience working at a technology company is a strong plus
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.