Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a full-time Senior Financial Analyst.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis is a trusted advisor on company wide financial matters. You will analyze data and develop recommendations that will drive business decisions and BigCommerce’s growth. The FP&A team at BigCommerce provides the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects outside of normal responsibilities, enabling extensive full P&L and widespread FP&A experience.
What You’ll Do
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to your client organization(s) in matters related to financial planning & analysis with minimal oversight from FP&A senior leadership.
- Perform analysis in collaboration with the analytics team and provide actionable insights to leadership.
- Perform ad hoc ROI analysis and develop recommendations on next steps.
- Lead, own and perform the monthly revenue forecasting and annual revenue planning processes.
- Develop and report both company and sales metrics to the leadership team.
- Perform monthly P&L and cash flow variance analysis.
- Collaborate on variable compensation plan design as needed, including risks and impact of changes.
- Work with budget owners to deliver monthly forecasts for consolidation
- Assist in the development of annual plans
- Analyze contracts and perform cost saving analysis.
- Analyze and QA data.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience with extensive experience in forecasting, budgeting, operations, data analysis, and reporting; experience in SaaS a plus
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem solving skills (will be subject to a case study)
- Exceptional excel modeling skills (will be subject to Excel test)
- Strong attention to detail with focus on accuracy
- Strong data presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders - proven teamwork skills
- Passion for making an impact
- SQL and Host Analytics experience (or other FP&A software) a plus
- Previous SAAS or e-commerce experience a plus
- Prior sales finance experience a plus.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.