Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Senior Financial Analyst at Amherst Residential will be part of the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and support the company’s growth through involvement in financial modeling exercises ranging from the financial forecast, equity and debt structuring, valuation to portfolio performance measurement. The FP&A team works cross-functionally with other teams within the organization to consolidate financial information and develop projections and analyses.
Our team works in a fast-paced, collaborative and demanding environment and we are looking for a self-motivated candidate who has a strong interest and hands-on experience in financial modeling to make an impact on the company’s strategic decision-making process. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and skilled in identifying data measurement limitations and errors, minimizing input uncertainty and delivering robust financial models and analyses in a timely and accurate manner.
A day in the life of the FP&A team:
- Manage and update long-term corporate models
- Perform financial model sensitivity analysis on various operating scenarios
- Assist the team with developing a business plan/budget which ties back to corporate models
- Perform cost analysis that helps the management team understand the fixed/variable costs and key performance drivers of various business units
- Conduct market-level portfolio performance evaluation
- Forecast the borrowing base as portfolios acquire and transfer assets
- Identify new financial modeling techniques & tools to support financial forecast and analysis
- Partner with team to analyze and update system reports, maintaining a high level of data accuracy and integrity and troubleshoot errors
- Other duties assigned to ensure proper functions of the team
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in banking/investment management/corporate finance/structured financing
- Ability to think analytically and interpret reported KPIs to rationalize financial results
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of reporting in Tableau and SQL/database structures a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support the presentations to be presented to the management team and Board
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the existing ERP systems
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure and tight timelines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt in an ever-changing business environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.