Senior Auditor - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is seeking a self-motivated, independent, intellectually curious accounting or auditing professional to join the newly formed Internal Audit team as a Senior Auditor. In this highly visible and dynamic position, you will be reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and be responsible for identifying enhancements to internal control activities, mitigating risks and improving operational efficiencies with process improvement recommendations.
You will be executing risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as leading and participating in other special audit projects and consulting activities. Your strong knowledge of internal controls, enterprise risks and business processes will have a direct impact on both the strengthening of internal controls and in risk management within Amherst.
- Execute Internal Audit projects as components of the Internal Audit Plan, special management requests, advisory work, process improvement consulting and various follow-up activities;
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in the development and execution of an annual risk assessment and internal audit plan;
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit with design and implementation of the Internal Audit Methodology, including the development of supporting policies, procedures, reporting templates and other infrastructure-related items;
- Perform planning, fieldwork and reporting on executed audit projects;
- Develop planning memos, risk and control matrices and audit programs for each audit project; and
- Create Internal Audit reporting for the Audit Committee and executive management;
Education, Work Experience & Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters in finance or accounting (Masters in accounting preferred, but not required);
- CPA or CIA license preferred (or working towards certification);
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and/or an internal auditing function within Financial Services, Private Equity or Real Estate Investment firms preferred, but not required;
- Familiarity with the International Institute of Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), i.e., the guiding standards from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) for professional practice of internal auditing;
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to perform data analysis, identify outliers and communicate results;
- The proven track record for driving/identifying process improvements and operational efficiencies
- Strong initiative with excellent organization skills and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to focus on both enterprise-wide and detailed process levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and comfortable presenting to all levels of individuals or groups of stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment; and
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.