Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A (Accounting Manager)
The Senior Financial Analyst at Amherst Residential will be part of the corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and provide support for all FP&A efforts, including financial and business analysis, annual budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and strategic planning. The Senior Financial Analyst will also play a “hands-on” role in developing and implementing financial planning processes and tools.
The FP&A team works cross-functionally with other teams within the organization to consolidate financial information and develop projections and analyses. Our team works in a fast-paced, collaborative and demanding environment.
The ideal candidate will be a high performing individual who is looking for the opportunity to move from public accounting into finance and private equity. This person should have a track record of reporting and in-depth financial analysis.
The ideal candidate will be a highly analytical, self-motivated person skilled at communicating complex financial concepts to and developing working relationships with Executive Leadership and all levels, functions and operations of the company.
- Lead the annual budget and forecasting process for all assigned functional areas including relevant analysis and documentation of major variances.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial packages and variance analysis against budget and prior periods.
- Identify and recommend enhancements with respect to content, process, and controls.
- Provide financial and strategic support to senior management and the owners, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, and other projects.
- Meet with division leads to discuss monthly variances to budget and any organizational changes that may affect financials
- Partner with Accounting and HR to report monthly expenses and headcount across the firm’s divisions and markets.
- Other duties assigned to ensure proper functions of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years public accounting experience
- Understanding of Corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High potential individual, able to rise within the finance organization or move into other roles within the company.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, quantitative, and written communication skills required.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI skills a plus).
- High standards of accuracy and precision; strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Ability to work effectively under tight time constraints, and multi-task on various projects.
- Familiar with, or can quickly become familiar with, the company’s operations and strategy.
- Experience working with accounting systems (Yardi a plus).
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipend, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description