Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
As a crucial member of the FP&A team at LogicMonitor, you are called upon to build complex analyses that will serve as the foundations for the LM team to make key strategic decisions. You will refine and master an ability to take vague business issues and abstract ideas into concrete, refined, and clear analyses that you'll then use to provide insights that frame business decisions and drive value creation. With a methodical, critically thinking, and numbers oriented mind - you'll be viewed as a key liaison with the functional teams.
You'll resolve issues related to forecasting, planning, resource prioritization and business performance, and you help translate analyses into easy-to-consume KPIs and presentations. You'll help operations & business partners understand the key drivers in complex situation and drive thoughtful and share-holder oriented decision making. You will evolve your universal financial skills & acumen to extract and analyze data to create regular and ad hoc reporting and actionable insights. Beyond rolling up the data accurately, you will look to validate the numbers by understanding the “story” behind them, performing variance analysis as well as developing and continuously refining insightful dashboards and presentations.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- You will work closely with department heads with exposure to Senior Leadership roles. Your strong ability to cultivate relationships and provide critical thought leadership along with a sharp analytical and modeling mindset will be paramount in key decision making and driving the business forward, both at a tactical and strategic level.
- Present financial data and analytics to an executive audience with clear recommendations that influence business decisions
- Contextually understand financial data and modeling outputs, identifying gaps and creating solutions to address those gaps proactively
- Support quarterly forecast and Annual Operating Plan processes, which include working closely with business partners to build highly detailed operating models and plans
- Define and manage real-time tracking of KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of annual operating plan and long term value creation thesis
- Gain an intimate knowledge of LogicMonitor’s business systems stack to support long term scale of the FP&A function, including becoming a subject matter expert at LM’s Adaptive Insights and Looker platforms to support efficient forecasting, reporting, and dashboard generation
- Prepare and maintain various complex financial models (i.e. What-if analysis) to support strategic initiative decision-making
- Support FP&A leadership with both routing and ad hoc strategic and tactical priorities, including investor reporting, month end close, and other business guiding analysis
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, equity research, management consulting, accounting, and/or high growth enterprise SaaS
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and independently
- Ability to abstract complex ideas into concrete action items
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a collaborative environment
- An ability to develop and cultivates relationships with ease, and can have the nuanced ability to balance high level thinking with detail oriented execution is highly desirable
- A Bachelor's Degree (Preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics)
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.