Senior Financial Analyst - Grants Accounting at Ascension
Do you have experience within Grants Accounting? Are you wanting to grow within your career?
Ascension is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Grants Accounting team! This is a remote opportunity.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Financial Analyst with Ascension, you will support the Grants and Research Accounting Team preparation of GAAP financial statements and contribute to the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, participate in an efficient close process, and understand the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist Manager and Directors in day-to-day accounting operational tasks
- Subject Matter Expert for designated accounting areas
- Serves as primary business partner to financial planning for designated entities
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes for assigned entities
- Understand and document budget to actual and trended to actual variances
- Prepare and review complex journal entries and account analyses timely and accurately, ensuring detailed supporting documentation is maintained
- Prepare and review complex account reconciliations and conduct follow up on aged reconciling items
- Assists in quarterly Hard Close procedures and prepares appropriate schedules
- Prepare and analyze business cases and develop work plans to achieve objectives and goals in support of initiatives
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations or seeking solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues for escalation
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, and compliance issues and understand the financial implications thereof
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance highly desired
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience with Grants and Research Accounting a plus
- Experience with the tracking of time and effort reporting for grants
- Full scope understanding of Financial Statements including footnotes
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Ability to resolve routine issues exercising judgment within defined accounting procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Strong analytical skills coupled with problem solving abilities and a strong propensity for attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) and/or G Suite
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other large ERP system
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.