Senior Financial Analyst- Retail
SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST, RETAIL - HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
This role partners with the VP of Retail to deliver business results through effective financial management, planning and risk management. The primary duties of this role include establishing financial targets for the channel, supporting the business in the delivery of financial results in addition to actively monitoring performance against sales and profit targets. Additionally, this position is responsible for ad-hoc analysis supporting strategic business decisions (e.g., investments). The Retail Financial Analyst is a member of the Finance, Planning and Analysis team and reports directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. The position is an exempt, salaried position.
• Lead the annual planning process for the brick and mortar fleet (+100 stores) with cross functional teams and VP of Retail to build full P&L budget and quarterly forecast (Sales through EBITDA). Responsible for translating sales plans/forecasts into daily targets providing insight and recommendations on promotional cadence and performance.
• Provide accurate and fact-based financial analysis to retail channel team including insights on comp store performance, changes in key sales performance metrics, product margins, and expense management
• Partner with accounting and retail operations teams to understand detailed and drivers of results during the month-end close process
• Support VP of Real Estate with proforma analysis of store level capital investments and ROI
• Translate disparate data into timely decision-making information using succinct, relevant, and cohesive narratives supported with graphical interpretations.
• Create, distribute and monitor reporting tools and custom dashboards tailored to teams’ needs that quickly convey business and result drivers
• Prepare monthly and quarterly business review materials in partnership with the retail team
• Act as a liaison between retail operations, accounting and merchandise planning/allocation teams
• Provide support for ad-hoc projects and analysis as requested
• Champion reporting automation and improvements to drive timely and efficient analysis
• Teach/re-enforce financial concepts and tools across audiences of varying familiarity
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years’ experience as an analyst/sr. analyst for a high-growth company or business analyst at a top strategic consulting firm
• Proven ability to consistently execute on delivery of standard and ad hoc reports and analysis, strong ability to prioritize competing demands based on changing business needs
• Ability to balance interest in detail of analysis with big-picture thinking
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Tableau, including the ability to build and to navigate efficiently across robust models and data sets
• Ability to create, execute, and interpret results of basic financial concepts such as breakeven analysis, ROI calculations, and alternative scenario analysis
• Experience with statistical modeling techniques including regression analysis, variable selection, and scenario analysis
• An Independent, self-motivated and adaptable mindset with a “whatever it takes” attitude
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with major planning and budgeting systems (Adaptive Insights a plus), business intelligence systems or ERP platforms
• Ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
• Growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy