Senior Financial Analyst at realtor.com
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:16 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
We are looking for an experienced financial analyst to forecast and analyze trends and metrics in support of strategic business decisions. This role is based in the Finance team. The successful candidate will develop financial models, key metric reporting, and other financial reports, in addition to handling day-to-day activities such as forecasting/planning and ad hoc projects. Duties include working with management to execute the process for annual and quarterly forecast cycles, analyzing forecast variances, and preparing reports and analysis for management of Opcity and Realtor.com. The candidate will be required to have a detailed knowledge of accounting and a solid understanding of company operations. In addition, strong excel modeling and analytical skills are essential for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain detailed budget and forecast models
- Communicate approved budgets and forecasts to all stakeholders
- Provide department heads budget-to-actual analysis and support managers in the development of action plans to improve variances
- Develop and prepare KPI and financial reports for distribution to senior management
- Assist in the preparation of financial package presentation materials
- Create dashboards and reports in FP&A reporting system
- Identify and lead process improvement projects that result in enhanced internal and external reporting and forecasting
- Perform ad hoc finance and business case analyses/projects for stakeholders
What We Like to See/ Measures of Success
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4-6 years of progressive work experience in finance and financial analysis roles (FP&A roles that support complex modeling, analysis, budgeting and forecasting of business impacts / trends preferred) preferably at a high growth company or dynamic start-up
- Advanced financial modeling, analysis, and forecasting skills
- Ability to “connect the dots” and sanity-check work
- Strong financial acumen; excellent grasp of corporate finance and accounting fundamentals
- Highly detail-oriented; this is a requirement.
- Resourceful and seeks out data; enjoys finding patterns, insights and telling a story
- Strong interpersonal skills; confident in helping business leaders find answers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendations in verbal and/or written form
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work independently in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Proactive, results-oriented, with a positive, can-do attitude
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g., use of pivot tables, complex formulas, and shortcuts) and strong proficiency in PowerPoint
- Experience with SQL not required but a plus
- Experience in real estate technology, software or marketing services industries a plus
What We Offer:
- Named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces List
- Company sponsored events, happy hours, rewards and recognition and other fun events
- Monthly and quarterly company updates with our leadership team
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance plus Flexible and Dependent Care Spending AccountsStocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Adjustable stand up desks
- Investment in growing your career and providing you opportunity to have an immediate and significant impact in a growing company with a disruptive strategy
Working Conditions Position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion.Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment. Weekend/non-business hours possible during busy periods.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity / Realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity / Realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description